Curriculum vitae Fabrizio Ruggeri (pdf)
Who I am
My name is Fabrizio Ruggeri. I live in Europe working as (web) developer. Contacts:
- email: fabrizio.ruggeri [at] gmail.com
- Website: http://www.ramielcreations.com/
- Github: ramiel
- G+: profile
- LinkedIn: profile
Where I've worked
From 2009 until 2014
Worked in 3logic mk. I started as junior developer and became project leader and senior developer. I've worked mainly on web stuff but also on sensor/hardware interfaces
SmartHealth : Totally distributed health related data analysis platform. The project let you describe your sensors and analysis workflow and run in an environment powered by Node.js, Cassandra, Rabbit MQ, Hadoop
Automotive: In these years we designed and developed a lot of web for a famous italian automotive company. A journalist portal, street-car line presentation, site of services for car owners and other. Developed mainly using Wordpress, this websites often have to support million of concurrent visitors (like in new F1 car presentation). Deployed on Amazon AWS I've often controlled deployment architecture.
Winmedical: Medical real-time monitoring software developed for winmedical, it's now deployed in several hospitals all around the world, controlling patients in their wards. Based on Node.js, CakePhp, Mongo DB and socket.io (A former version of the gui is shown on this video)
From 2010 until now
Web development with obsidianart
Web development with the shark project
From 2013 until 2015
I've worked as system administrator at Dipartimento di Agraria, University of Pisa
From 2015 until now
I was backend senior developer at Photobox handling product creation rest service using Node.js, Mongo DB, PostgresSQL.
Technologies I'm confident with
- Php: Wordpress is the CMS for which I developed a lot. Obviously I work with MVC frameworks as Cake Php or Laravel
- So many other languages : I've worked, mainly in the past with C# and Java. In C# I developed various projects using .NET framework: ASP.net, WCF, windows form and Microsoft MVC. I'm not an expert anyway. In Java I developed little Android applications, used RED5. The programming language is not a constraint for me, just a tool.
- Git and others VCS: I'm experienced with git. I organized and teached several git training courses (basic and intermediate). I've also used SVN and Team Foundation System.
- Databases: In sql-world I know Postgres, MySql and SQL Server (2005-8). About non-relational databases I'm experienced with MongoDB, Cassandra and Couchbase.
- ElasticSearch: I've developed custom search application using ES (for automotive company) taking care from system management to application building.
- System management: A huge part of my work has always been system integration. I learned a lot of tecnologies to make my work, and the work of my collagues, easier. So, in the years I set up development environments, starting from linux deployment systems arriving nowadays, to set up Vagrant environments or Docker infrastructures. Puppet and Ansible became friends of mine within Grunt and a bunch of test suites. I also dived into integration system, from self managed as Jenkins to online services such as Travis-ci and similar. I manage internal git repositories and server at 3logic and their linux based machines. Working with Amazon AWS I became confident with its services as EC2, Cloudfront, S3 and its general service management.
Look at my code
Even if most of my code is not showable due to license reasons you could have a look to my github account for public code.
I speak english and of course italian. I live in Paris so I speak french as well!
Contact me for any question or for references.